Sunday, January 21, 2007


This is the Korda Victory, built from a kit from easybuiltmodels.com. The span is 32". I substituted Esaki tissue for the domestic tissue included in the kit. I also switched the propeller to a Peck-Polmyers prop. I also tried a Czech P-30 prop, which worked well. I am flying this on two loops of 3/16" rubber. I had to shim up the leading edge of the wing, and add some downthrust, and a little tail weight to trim it. I also replaced the plastic wheels in the kit (heavy) with balsa wheels.

The performance is amazing: this model flies the way you dreamed your models would fly when you are a kid. In the small fields near my home, I can only hand wind this with a few hundred turns. Any more, and I would lose the model. I will be adding a pop-up wing dethermalizer (Ed Schlosser, Best-By-Test style). Next summer, I will be taking this up to the Brooklyn Skyscraper's field in Wawayanda, NY, where I can really wind up and let it fly.

No comments:

 Baby Biplane The plans for this were featured in Flying Models magazine a few years ago. It was originally designed for the K&B Infant ...